VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Is "numlockx" still useful with VL 7.2?  (Read 1568 times)

Casey

• VL Light 7.2 user
Is "numlockx" still useful with VL 7.2?
« on: May 03, 2018, 08:42:22 am »

I've recently upgraded from VL Light 7.1 to Light 7.2, and I see that "numlockx" is no longer in the gslapt repository.  Does the newer X server in VL 7.2 make it unnecessary?  I'd like to restore the behavior I had with VL 7.1, but I don't know if there are some new X.org configuration options that will force numlock ON every time the X server starts up.

The ideal configuration would turn numlock ON only when a keboard with more than 87 keys is connected, but I don't know if that can be automated.  My second choice would be to turn numlock ON only when an external keyboard is connected to my laptop.  As a last resort, I'd settle for using a configuration setting or script file to enable a static configuration.  That's what I did with VL Light 7.1, but I don't know how to do the same thing in 7.2 without "numlockx."  Any suggestions?