VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Remove Konqueror, Install Dolphin  (Read 1250 times)

stinkythink

Remove Konqueror, Install Dolphin
« on: March 27, 2010, 02:22:44 pm »

Hi!
I'm new to Vector, but can "ditto" dwainehead's post of 29 May 07 -- I have a near-identical setup and am really pleased with Vetor 5.9.1 SOHO
except I cannot stand Konqueror.
Will removing it cause dependency problems I cannot overcome?  I would much prefer Dolphin and forgo all the built-in BS of Konqueror, if you please!  Any advice would be much appreciated!

stinkythink

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
Re: Remove Konqueror, Install Dolphin
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:14 pm »

Hi!
I'm new to Vector, but can "ditto" dwainehead's post of 29 May 07 -- I have a near-identical setup and am really pleased with Vetor 5.9.1 SOHO
except I cannot stand Konqueror.
Will removing it cause dependency problems I cannot overcome?  I would much prefer Dolphin and forgo all the built-in BS of Konqueror, if you please!  Any advice would be much appreciated!

stinkythink

I suspect that any attempt to do so will render your system completley useless. SOHO 5.9.1 uses KDE 3.?? Sorry, don't remember, its been a while. Dolphin is part of KDE 4.xx, and will require a completely different set of libraries.

While it may be possible to have both libraries installed, it will be a great deal of work, with no guarantee of sucess.

You might try the beta of SOHO 6.0, but it may not work for you - there have been problems reported with older hardware during the test cycle, and I'm not sure that they have all been sorted out yet.

Paul.