VectorLinux
December 22, 2014, 01:40:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove Konqueror, Install Dolphin  (Read 1153 times)
stinkythink

« on: March 27, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »

Hi!
I'm new to Vector, but can "ditto" dwainehead's post of 29 May 07 -- I have a near-identical setup and am really pleased with Vetor 5.9.1 SOHO
except I cannot stand Konqueror.
Will removing it cause dependency problems I cannot overcome?  I would much prefer Dolphin and forgo all the built-in BS of Konqueror, if you please!  Any advice would be much appreciated!

stinkythink
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:03:14 pm »

Hi!
I'm new to Vector, but can "ditto" dwainehead's post of 29 May 07 -- I have a near-identical setup and am really pleased with Vetor 5.9.1 SOHO
except I cannot stand Konqueror.
Will removing it cause dependency problems I cannot overcome?  I would much prefer Dolphin and forgo all the built-in BS of Konqueror, if you please!  Any advice would be much appreciated!

stinkythink

I suspect that any attempt to do so will render your system completley useless. SOHO 5.9.1 uses KDE 3.?? Sorry, don't remember, its been a while. Dolphin is part of KDE 4.xx, and will require a completely different set of libraries.

While it may be possible to have both libraries installed, it will be a great deal of work, with no guarantee of sucess.

You might try the beta of SOHO 6.0, but it may not work for you - there have been problems reported with older hardware during the test cycle, and I'm not sure that they have all been sorted out yet.

Paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: