VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Poll

How can install an Auctex to run with Emacs?

I need to run LaTeX on emacs,
- 0 (0%)
Where is Auctex in the repositories?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: there is Auctex for VL 5.9 SOHO?  (Read 966 times)

juanfer

there is Auctex for VL 5.9 SOHO?
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:53:37 pm »

Hello world! is my first post in the forum!   I'm a happy Vector Linux user. I have an old laptop (Presario 700, amd duron and 256MB ram...) an works very good with VL 5.9.

Recently I have installed emacs 23 and I have try to get Auctex, but could not find 'em in the repositories (also try to get the .tgz and got the version for slackware, but it did not works)...

How can install an Auctex to run with Emacs in VL?
Astronomy, by the eminence of its subject and the flawlessness of its theories, is the most beautiful monument of the human spirit, the most distinguished decoration of its intellectual achievement.
Pierre-Simon Laplace

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: there is Auctex for VL 5.9 SOHO?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:55:31 am »

Unfortunately, we don't have emacs plugins in the repos.

you'll have to install it manually, using the package here: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/ .

There's some docs at that site too about installing the package.

Saludos :)

juanfer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:37:42 pm »

Thanks kidd,

I willl take the control of my ship in "manual mode" and enjoy the installing ...

saludos...
Astronomy, by the eminence of its subject and the flawlessness of its theories, is the most beautiful monument of the human spirit, the most distinguished decoration of its intellectual achievement.
Pierre-Simon Laplace

kidd

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:38 am »

If you get stuck installing it (it requires more steps than moving an .el file to your elisp path) feel free to ask here.