VectorLinux
July 30, 2014, 07:06:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20100403 firefox-3.6.3 [VL6.0]  (Read 1316 times)
toothandnail
Vectorian

« on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:54 pm »

toothandnail has built a new Firefox package for VectorLinux 6.0.

Code:
firefox: Firefox (Mozilla Firefox Web Browser)
firefox:
firefox: Firefox 3 is the next generation release of the award-winning
firefox: Firefox web browser from Mozilla.
firefox: To comply with Mozilla trademarks, and to assure quality control,
firefox: this is the official Mozilla build, packaged for VectorLinux.
firefox:
firefox:
firefox: License: MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
firefox: Author:  Mozilla Foundation <drivers@mozilla.org>
firefox: Website: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Sad We seem to have been here before. This version fixes a severe security vulnerability. Users are advised to upgrade as soon as possible. Details can be found here:

http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2010/mfsa2010-25.html

After testing this package please stop back here and let us know how it works for you.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:02:27 pm by toothandnail » Logged
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:40:46 pm »

Working fine here.

Thank you for keeping up with this most important application. I have installed FF 3.6 on the brown (soon to be purple) distro and found it to be a major undertaking. In this area, VL is head and shoulders above!
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »

No problems here. I gave it a little workout with Flash and it performed well on this 7-year-old laptop.

Thanks for packaging so promptly.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »

Another thumbs up and working fine here.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:18:41 am »

I usually use seamonkey but have to use firefox whenever I want the recap function.  Firefox 3.6 and recap are working fine.

Thanks!

Probably should get it to the regular repository now as I understand it has security fixes.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 12:43:20 pm »

Again, flawless.

And the connection issue I mentioned in the 3.6.2 thread has disappeared for all three versions. ISP must have solved their problem.

Thank you.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Andy Price
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:59:46 pm »

Not sure if this is related to the upgrade or just a coincidnece, but from the time I upgraded Firefox the two lines for "show unread posts" and "show new replies to your posts" have disappeared from the forum home page. I couldn't see anywhere in preferences to bring them back. Have I done something stupid or has something really changed?
Andy
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 11:03:51 pm »

If you don't see a search box either, look to the right of Hello Andy Price and to the right of the date. Click the "+" button.

If I'm wrong, it'll be a "-" button, and something really is strange.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Andy Price
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 12:53:53 am »

Thanks, that was it! Guess I accidentally clicked it at some point as I hadn't even noticed it before.
Andy
TLM

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:09:13 pm »

I have always upgraded FF by logging in as root and launching the browser and selecting the Check for Updates under the Help menu within the browser. I have upgraded my VL6 Classic to FF 3.6.3 this way, however it killed my java plugin. However after upgrading to jre 6u18 with Gslapt, my java plugin is back. BTW i had to enable the testing repo in Gslapt to get the updated jre.

Does the new FF package include the java plugin? Because if not it will most likely break it.

Particle board should be outlawed.
toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 11:45:11 pm »

I have always upgraded FF by logging in as root and launching the browser and selecting the Check for Updates under the Help menu within the browser. I have upgraded my VL6 Classic to FF 3.6.3 this way, however it killed my java plugin. However after upgrading to jre 6u18 with Gslapt, my java plugin is back. BTW i had to enable the testing repo in Gslapt to get the updated jre.

Things remain in testing for a month, unless there are multiple positive reports. It also depends on when I have time, since moving packages of that sort require a good deal of repo processing, which is time consuming. Time is something I'm often short of.

Does the new FF package include the java plugin? Because if not it will most likely break it.

No, it includes only only items that are part of the normal Firefox distribution. And it certainly does not break Java here, either on VL6.0 standard or on the current VL6.0 SOHO RC.

Paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: