Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL7 Live install 'shoes'  (Read 922 times)

VL7 Live install 'shoes'
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:29 pm »

I installed VL7 on my home computer and everything is grand, stellar even. However, I installed from the VL7 live media onto my netbook (on sda3 with swap) Dell 1012 .Windows7 was/is on sda1&2 and I installed Lilo on sda1 thinking that it would not overwrite the entry for Doze 7. The only program I have running on 7 that I can't run on Vector is wimax for Clear mobile. The error message I get comes from Windows boot manager "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible." I would be thrilled to get wimax working so that I can bid farewell to Windows for good (tried the developer of Windows 8-what a joke). Any help, links to tutorials, or basic encouragement will be appreciated. I am dd'ing VL7.0 STD-GOLD.iso now and trying the install again from that media and will report back. The wimax chipset is the Intel 6250 and last I checked was down. Again any help would be appreciated.