VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Flash sound  (Read 513 times)

MHHP

• SE
Flash sound
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:10:26 pm »

Hello :)!

New to this forum, and fairly new to Vector, running a frugal install of VL6.0LightLive with persistency set. Most is running smoothly, I do have a question on sound, though: sound is working when playing locally stored music, streaming internet radio through mpg321 etc. but, there is no sound in mozilla/flashplayer (from youtube, and the like) even, though, the videos are playing (albeit, a tad choppy, but that's due my ancient HW).
I have always had troubles with flash sound in linux with this soundcard, SB-PCI128/end1370. In a few cases, the issue has been resolved by installing alsa-drivers/lib/utils-1.0.22, which have been provided as pre-compiled pkgs for some kernels (not 2.6.27.29, though) in other distros I've tried.

Searching through vectors repo, there only seems to be the alsa-1.0.19 drv listed in gslapt (which, by the way, doesn't download). Are there any more places around the net where pkgs like alsa-drivers/lib/utils-1.0.22 compiled for vector's 2.6.27.19 kernel could be found?

rgds :)/
MHHP
Nämen, vaf.....