VectorLinux
August 28, 2014, 09:08:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flash sound  (Read 406 times)
MHHP

SE

« on: April 16, 2010, 01:10:26 pm »

Hello Smiley!

New to this forum, and fairly new to Vector, running a frugal install of VL6.0LightLive with persistency set. Most is running smoothly, I do have a question on sound, though: sound is working when playing locally stored music, streaming internet radio through mpg321 etc. but, there is no sound in mozilla/flashplayer (from youtube, and the like) even, though, the videos are playing (albeit, a tad choppy, but that's due my ancient HW).
I have always had troubles with flash sound in linux with this soundcard, SB-PCI128/end1370. In a few cases, the issue has been resolved by installing alsa-drivers/lib/utils-1.0.22, which have been provided as pre-compiled pkgs for some kernels (not 2.6.27.29, though) in other distros I've tried.

Searching through vectors repo, there only seems to be the alsa-1.0.19 drv listed in gslapt (which, by the way, doesn't download). Are there any more places around the net where pkgs like alsa-drivers/lib/utils-1.0.22 compiled for vector's 2.6.27.19 kernel could be found?

rgds Smiley/
MHHP

Nämen, vaf.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: