VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 08:05:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on keyboard layouts  (Read 672 times)
MHHP

SE

« on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:22 pm »

Hello Smiley!

I've set my keyboard layout to se, and it's working properly for root and vl in icewm and for root in jwm but, for vl using jwm, only the se-special characters print (like åäö), while the characters requiring an Alt-gr combination do not (@{[]}\||).
Any help on this, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: The symbols from a Alt-gr combination (@{[]}\| ...) work if booted in to icewm as vl, and also in jwm if changed into subsequently. I does not work if booted into jwm as vl, but if then changed into icewm it works, even in jwm if switched back Huh.

Cheers Smiley/
MHHP
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:27:47 am by MHHP » Logged

Nämen, vaf.....
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:09:18 pm »

Which version of Vector are you using?
It's not LIVE, is it?(just a guess in the dark)

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
MHHP

SE

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:22:23 pm »

Which version of Vector are you using?
It's not LIVE, is it?(just a guess in the dark)
It certainly is.
VL 6.0 Light LIVE, with the contents of the iso on a separate HDD partition, bootparam changes used.

The issue is that booting straight into jwm (as opposed to icewm) results in missing keyboard symbols, what settings-file, or what script is not run, what have I missed.

Setting the keyboard layout in jwm for vl results in gtkdialogue errors (or the like, I'm not in VL now) , while setting the layout when logged in as root works perfectly.
Also, changing jwm-settings for vl didn't work, so I copied /root/.jwmrc to /home/vl/.jwmrc.

Still confused Smiley/
MHHP

Nämen, vaf.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: