VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 05:28:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you somebody?  (Read 2551 times)
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« on: April 25, 2010, 12:27:13 pm »

Was going to reply in the "Help wanted" thread, but decided it was better left as-is.

If I were looking at a newspaper and saw a column headed: "Help Wanted-Developers", I'd assume the listings were placed by organizations which were seeking to employ developers. Here, the opposite is meant. It's surprising this section hasn't attracted more off-topic threads.

It's also surprising that no developer has used it. Why not post the small things that need to be done or researched, or what you can certainly do, but have to put off for now?

Suggestion one is: change the name, again. The subject is one suggestion. "Are you somebody?" As in "somebody should do X". Subtitle: Where developers ask for community assistance. There's a better title out there somewhere, just wanted to maybe get you started again.

Suggetion two: use it. If a developer has to put something on the back burner, why not post that something here? Most users will understand if their resulting work is wasted due to duplication of effort, or just a decision to go a different direction; a sticky thread mentioning the possibility would be good, tho.

Thanks so much for your work; now I have something I can work with!

And, oh - get some help.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
pierce.jason
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:58:02 pm »

The "name" of this forum should certainly be changed.

Something along the lines perhaps of "We need some help...", or "VL Devs need help with..."

pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

Yeah, but at least it's finally being put to its intended use Smiley

Two or so more on-topic threads and we'll be used to the name.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: