VectorLinux
December 22, 2014, 02:20:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seamonkey 2.0.4 rendering problem.  (Read 1949 times)
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« on: April 30, 2010, 12:10:15 pm »

I'm finding that Seamonkey 2.0.4 fails to render some things. As an easy to reproduce example, the images to the left of the central distro listings on distrowatch.com don't show up at all. I've hit a few other things that don't seem to render as well.

Its not my build, or at least, not only my build. I've got a copy of Salix_64 installed, which has the Slackware Seamonkey 2.0.4 build. It has exactly the same problem.

So, are others seeing this, or is it something peculiar to my system? I'm wondering if it might be something to do with the Intel video drivers, but other than that, I've no idea, unless its a general bug. If it is a general bug, I can't find anything listed in the Seamonkey bug tracker. There is no sign of the problem in the latest Firefox, or in Seamonkey 2.0.3.

Paul.
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:09 pm »

Could very well be your video driver. I just fired up 2.04 and it looked fine on my notebook.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:18:50 pm »

If it's not already there, will you try adding this option to your device section of xorg.conf to see if it helps or not.  Honestly, it doesn't resemble the usual problems but you never know.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:08:46 pm »

Everything is rendered fine on this computer (laptop, Intel 852GM/855GM onboard graphics). I don't think it's a general SeaMonkey problem.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:10:41 pm »

If it's not already there, will you try adding this option to your device section of xorg.conf to see if it helps or not.  Honestly, it doesn't resemble the usual problems but you never know.

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't help, unfortunately. Still since no one else what seeing it, I started wondering about a profile problem. And realized that I've been sharing the profile between VL (6.0 Standard, Light and SOHO) and Salix_64. Which tends to explain why I was seeing the problem in multiple distros.

Renamed the existing profile, fired Seamonkey up again, problem gone. So it is something that has got screwed up in the profile.

I used to have some notes on migrating things like passwords and mail to a new profile, but so far, haven't managed to find them. Does anyone know the required steps? I would hate to lose either the passwords or the mail. I've got the passwords stored elsewhere, but it would take forever to enter them all, and I really don't want to lose the mail.

Paul.
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:46:22 am »

Just to follow up on this....

Turns out its not a rendering problem at all. I run Adblock Plus under Seamonkey. I had an update to it shortly before I hit the problem. It looks as though they changed some of the criteria used to block data. Putting an exception in for Distrowatch fixed it  Embarrassed

Paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: