VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 04:44:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: streaming video differences  (Read 1012 times)
smelm0

« on: April 28, 2010, 11:17:56 am »

I have an old t23 thinkpad,p3.768 ram which I love to use for general surfing and word processing. it is a dual boot laptop with v.6 and xp. my question is while watching streaming video on such sites as hulu, megavideo, fancast, etc. I notice that in vector no matter the browser, the rendition is slow and choppy. however, in xp the video streams nice and smoothly. i don't believe this is an issue of ram or whether the connection is wired or not as I've tried to test this out to a degree without any change.   
thanks for any feedback as I hate to have to boot xp unless absolutely necessary as in watching instantly on netflix
thanks
mike
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:19:31 pm »

Most likely the video driver. Do you know what hardware is involved, and which driver is in use?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: