VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kdenlive and vector linux help.  (Read 6891 times)

retired1af

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Kdenlive and vector linux help.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »

Mint also has a few flavors (xfce, fluxbox, KDE, etc.). I just tossed "main" on another partition to see what it was like. It's not bad. First distro to see the USB drive properly and actually boot without me having to massage the config files. Is it as speedy as VL? Not really. But it works well on this notebook. I may blow that one off and take a peek at the KDE version, as I prefer the graphics and themes on KDE. Gnome looks too....... Gnomish? LOL
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

haywire

• Vectorian
Re: Kdenlive and vector linux help.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 10:47:49 pm »

Its funny you posted, I did end up installing xbuntu, but only because there is no easy way to just switch to xfce from a regular ubuntu install.

I installed it, got to at least try out this kdenlive, it would probably do what I needed.

I didn't like xbuntu much better than regular ubuntu, but at least it seems more familar to me with xfce and thunar and so on.
I don't like the windows like always bugging you error messages and other things about it. Maybe just running my video apps on
a windows box isn't so bad, I'd rather not swith distros, I'm very happy and comfortable with vector for years now.

Steven
Pages: 1 [2]