VectorLinux
October 19, 2014, 11:50:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOHO-RC2.8 is out please leave feedback and bug reports here  (Read 11410 times)
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 02:25:47 pm »

I must have missed that particular memo.  Grin

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2010, 09:01:47 am »

While trying to perform some of my new repository maintenance duties I came across a potential problem. It would seem that setuptools in SOHO is built against python 2.5 but SOHO is distributed with python 2.6.

In my typically daily usage this would never be an issue but with new tasks comes new problems I guess.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 03:30:11 am »

Bonjour!
tested RC2.8 again today on sharp mebuis laptop, once enter KDE desktop, noticing programmes running slowly and going to dummy from time to time,then Checked sytem monitor and found out:
---------------------------------
strigidaemon eaten up 100% CPU&RAM
---------------------------------
then suspended/killed it, desktop running smoothly again....

I wonder whether it's bugs or not, if not so necesary to system how to uninstall it..

a bien tot
lopanrs

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2010, 01:04:22 am »

Hello, a tip about TuxOnIce on VL soho 6.0 RC 2.8:
I moved the line in /etc/rc.d/rc.S:
echo 1 > /sys/power/tuxonice/do_resume
from start after "Mounting local file systems" to start after
"Starting sysfs"
then it works fine with lzo and/or lzf compiled into kernel for compression.
Another question:
I cannot configure my keyboard (us-acentos) to work on KDE, it works fine in terminal and X with no window managers...but in KDE 4 it works only with KDE layout on, and when i open Konsole it turns back to "us" and i have to set it again with "setxkbmap us_intl". How can i setup my us_intl keyboard definetely in KDE 4 ?

VL SoHo 7.0 @ 3.7.5-pf
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2010, 04:09:29 am »

... and when i open Konsole it turns back to "us" and i have to set it again with "setxkbmap us_intl". How can i setup my us_intl keyboard definetely in KDE 4 ?
Dang! I was hoping that was fixed in the newer KDE version in RC 2.8, this is driving me mad on my SOHO B4 install. I have not found an answer to this... Angry

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2010, 04:55:12 am »

Not sure if this would apply to this version, but on VL7A1 I commented out the line with "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap" in .bashrc and it prevents the keyboard map from changing when I open a konsole.
lopanrs

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2010, 03:27:21 am »

Not sure if this would apply to this version, but on VL7A1 I commented out the line with "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap" in .bashrc and it prevents the keyboard map from changing when I open a konsole.
Hello, i commented the line mentioned and made some changes on ~/.bash_profile to:

# LOCALES ADDITIONS MADE BY THE VL GUI INSTALLER
export LANG=pt_BR.utf8
`setxkbmap -model evdev -layout us -variant intl`
# END OF MODIFICATIONS BY THE VL GUI INSTALLER

Now US_INTL works on all aplications (and konsole) without KDE Layouts.
Thanks vectors !
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:30:27 am by lopanrs » Logged

VL SoHo 7.0 @ 3.7.5-pf
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »

Something I've run in to, and haven't been able to find a work around, other than shutting one app down so the other can work.

If Opera is up and running and I view a video (like Youtube), then try to start Amarok, it states that the playback device isn't working. Reverse also results in a video without sound. If Amarok is running first, and then I attempt to view a video, there's no sound. Suggestions?

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:34 am »

I think I am still on Beta2. Ignore this if it's already been fixed.

From VasmCC the vpackager app is not installed (command not found from cli output). And the same with vcpufreq.

Also running VasmCC from a terminal (as root of course) gslapt will not open from the menu.

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: