VectorLinux
November 24, 2014, 03:56:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: root password (solved)  (Read 838 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: May 11, 2010, 07:37:59 pm »

Hi All

I have booted vl5.9 std today...a favorite for me..I had no issue with user login and use..but for some reason my root password is no longer valid. I also notice I am running hal...I attempted to open vasmcc to switch to vlhot when I realized the password was not working, outside a reinstall is it possible to access vasmcc and change the root password...Huh??

The system is not networked or used online..but I do have several recover type linux that could access the hd files.

any ideas..

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:05:07 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 05:35:49 am »

Not sure if this will work, as I've never tried it.

http://linux.about.com/od/linux101/l/blnewbie3_2_3.htm

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:28 pm »

Hey...thanks for the link...interesting..the more I learn I find how little I really know..but in the process I did remember my password..spelling correctly may help me in the future..lol..and as usual there is always something more to learn.

THANKS
cheers
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:04:51 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: