VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Google Chrome for Linux  (Read 3983 times)

retired1af

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Google Chrome for Linux
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35:19 pm »

Text renders differently now, and they've made a total mess of the controls. They should have left well enough alone. You can find the old skins for 10.10 (which I DO like), but it's a pain to have to update the browser every time there's a new version. Checked out the Opera forums, and they have a habit of locking threads that complain about the changes. Not exactly something the instills warm fuzzies.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

GrannyGeek

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 09:23:50 pm »

If you're talking about Opera on Windows, I can't say as I don't use it often enough to notice. I certainly haven't had to relearn how to use Opera on Windows.

On Linux, text looks fine to me. You must mean something different by "controls" than I do, or use the browser in a more complicated way. Back, forward, fast forward and fast rewind, redraw, Home, End, zoom out and in, all seem the same to me.
--GrannyGeek
Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller

ToryWDes

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 08:48:47 pm »

I have also heard that Google Chrome is available for Linux but I don’t know if it is compatible for the version of Linux in my other PC. Is there any compatibility issue for the Linux OS? I am thinking to change my browser fro my Linux.

stretchedthin

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Opensourcebistro.com
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 04:15:50 pm »

Google chrome is now available in the vl7.0 repositories.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
Pages: 1 [2]