VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: stupid file system question...  (Read 628 times)

haywire

• Vectorian
stupid file system question...
« on: June 01, 2010, 02:48:43 am »

If I am on the root account, where can I find the user folders on the drive? For example, user account Steven.

I thought it would be in usr. I had a file search feature before but I must have removed it by accident or I could use that to find this.

Steven

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: stupid file system question...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:00:45 am »

Look in /home

haywire

• Vectorian
Re: stupid file system question...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:00:08 am »

DOH! Now I feel retarded. Thanks Nightflier, 

I don't have a home icon on my desktop any more after alot of customization or that would have solved that also.

I've been using the user account for like 6 months straight now and I completely forgot where to find that stuff while on the root account.

I really need to find more time to read a few more books on linux. Most of the time, I'm fine, even learning alot more with the cli but every so often I get stuck on something like this which is really simple (if you know how!)

I owe you a few beers by now for all your kind help, and a few others too. If you don't mind look at my xfce icons on the desktop question...

Steven