VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Gotta have your Internet? Move to Finland.  (Read 1122 times)

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian

nitehawk

• Vectorite
  • Just me.
Re: Gotta have your Internet? Move to Finland.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:07:54 am »

OK,...
my eyes are green (born that way y'know,...Scottish ansestery).  But after reading that,....the rest of me is green!  And here I be with dialup.  GO FINLAND!!!!!

retired1af

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 07:16:19 am »

What I find disturbing about all that is the number of individuals who consider Internet access a "right" and not a privilege.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

nitehawk

• Vectorite
  • Just me.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 10:42:50 am »

Actually,...I'm getting more concerned about the idea that internet access may be a total necessity in the near future here in the United States.  The local library just informed me that ALL of their notifications (of near-due books, etc. etc.) will be online via email only.  And I was recently informed that medical presriptions are all going via internet in the close future as well.  That would mean you could only re-new your prescriptions online (does not bode well for those without computer/internet access).  I think we're just around the corner from the "Brave New World" as far as needing WWW.  So maybe Finland is right,...and is just a little bit ahead of the coming trend.

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 08:04:48 pm »

What I find disturbing about all that is the number of individuals who consider Internet access a "right" and not a privilege.

Rugged individualists here in Murrka will be too busy knapping flint to notice the exodus of the entire city of Helsinki into space sometime in the next few centuries, don't worry about it
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months