VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 10:02:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20100626 opera-10.11 [VL6.0]  (Read 888 times)
toothandnail
Vectorian

« on: June 26, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »

kc1di has built a new Opera package for VectorLinux 6.0.

Code:
opera: opera (Web Browser )
opera:
opera: Opera is a lightweight, free, multiplatform, and
opera: standards-compliant web browser.
opera: This is a security and Stability upgrade.
opera:
opera:
opera: License: See Documentation for info.
opera: Authors: Opera Team
opera: Website: www.opera.com

After testing this package please stop back here and let us know how it works for you.

Andy Price
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:00:52 pm »

The browser seems fine, but icon missing from menu in VL6 Gold (was present with previous version)
Thanks, Andy
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 01:54:38 am »

Thanks Andy will Check it out It seemed good here when I tested it.

Dave

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:46:48 am »

Hi Andy,

I'm unable to duplicate the no Icon problem here using VL-6.0 Standard the Globe Icon appears in the menu.

would you check on your machine and see if you have the file /usr/lib/opera-10.11  The exicutable for opera is located there and should have the globe Icon showing?

Dave
Andy Price
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:11:02 am »

Hi Dave

The opera executable is in the directory /usr/lib/opera-10.11 as you said, but it shows as a standard icon in Thunar. I opened opera.desktop and it give the icon location as /usr/share/pixmaps/opera.xpm but that file doesn't exist on my system; in fact I can't find opera.xpm anywhere. What is a little puzzling is that before I did the upgrade from 10.10 I did have an opera icon on the menu, so I must have had opera.xpm before!

retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:40:55 am »

Seeing the same behavior here with SOHO 6 RC3. Browser works fine, icon shows on menu bar, but not within the Internet menu. Also seeing the Konqueror bouncing icon when firing up Opera.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 11:06:42 am »

Thanks guys for the feedback I've repackaged it and it should cure the icon problem. it works now on soho rc3 and std. with no problems here. Look for the 2vl60 package in a few days in testing.

Cheers ,
Dave

Dave
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »

Apart from the missing icon, Opera 10.11 is working here on three computers. I wouldn't have noticed the icon problem had it not been pointed out because I don't use the "start" menu much. I use a launchbar I create in the XFce Panel where I have something like what's called drawers. I select icons myself.

If one disappears I know the icon is either gone or not in the location I specified. So I either find it or change it.

If the only fix in the forthcoming new package is the icon thing, I'll pass because I already fixed it myself. Smiley
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: