VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 02:29:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: seamonkey vs firefox with google docs  (Read 1638 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:54 pm »

I use seamonkey a lot because I like its email function.  I also use firefox a lot when browsing. No good reason.  For google docs, I use whichever is most conveniently available at the moment.  However, seamonkey seems noticeably better with google docs.  With firefox, I often lose the font size (12pt) in google docs.  Just goes blank and won't stay.  This doesn't happen with seamonkey.  At least not yet. I updated firefox from the testing repository to see if that would perhaps cure the problem.  Seemed to help, but no cure.

As an aside, I am using google docs more and more.  I just never got along well with Open Office.  I don't think I'm smart enough. I need an Open Office Lite for the kind of work I do.  Lyx is  a lot better and a lot faster than google docs, but Lyx is stand-alone. The sharing ability of google docs gives it the nod whenever input from someone else is desirable. And, good as the old was, the new google docs seems a real improvement.  Now, if the internet just stays put.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:26:52 pm »

Hi sledgehammer,

I use Google docs here also specially when I need to collaborate and share docs with others.  I have Chrome install in Std. and think it installs well with Lite also but have been unable as yet to get it into Soho too many dependencies missing in that one for it to run.  Just haven't gotten around to chasing it down yet.  But find Google Docs works well with their Chrome browser.  though I've also used Opera to good advantage with it.

you can install chrome quite redily by following stretchedthin's nice video help at http://www.opensourcebistro.com/Tutorial/VL60/10.Browsers/gchrome/gchromeVLlight.htm

in any event good luck and hope it works for you.
Dave
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:29:03 pm by kc1di » Logged

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: