VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 01:11:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gotta have your Internet? Move to Finland.  (Read 950 times)
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« on: July 02, 2010, 03:32:46 am »

In Finland, you will have broadband access:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/finland-the-first-country-in-the-world-to-make-broadband-access/
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 05:07:54 am »

OK,...
my eyes are green (born that way y'know,...Scottish ansestery).  But after reading that,....the rest of me is green!  And here I be with dialup.  GO FINLAND!!!!!
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 06:16:19 am »

What I find disturbing about all that is the number of individuals who consider Internet access a "right" and not a privilege.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:42:50 am »

Actually,...I'm getting more concerned about the idea that internet access may be a total necessity in the near future here in the United States.  The local library just informed me that ALL of their notifications (of near-due books, etc. etc.) will be online via email only.  And I was recently informed that medical presriptions are all going via internet in the close future as well.  That would mean you could only re-new your prescriptions online (does not bode well for those without computer/internet access).  I think we're just around the corner from the "Brave New World" as far as needing WWW.  So maybe Finland is right,...and is just a little bit ahead of the coming trend.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 07:04:48 pm »

What I find disturbing about all that is the number of individuals who consider Internet access a "right" and not a privilege.

Rugged individualists here in Murrka will be too busy knapping flint to notice the exodus of the entire city of Helsinki into space sometime in the next few centuries, don't worry about it

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: