VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 11:35:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAHHH!  (Read 1380 times)
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« on: July 02, 2010, 07:41:11 am »

I hate it when I do an update to something on the server and things break! **banging head on desk**

Upgraded MySQL last night and it broke Sphinx on the server. Recompiling Apache, PHP and Pearl now, which takes bloody forever.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
w2ibc
Packager
Vectorite

GAHHHHHH!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:37:11 pm »

dude, you got the luck I have had the last couple months..

Failed Computers, Failed Laptops, Failed Internet,

heh, funny when you have the money just laying around, nothing ever breaks.. but damned if your poor n broke thats when everything breaks

Linux Registered User #481509.
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:53:35 am »

Ooof! That was a nightmare. Instead of using MySQL for search queries, I use Sphinx. The difference in speed AND server load is amazing. But for some reason, the update broke the Sphinx installation. Drove me nuts for 2 days before I ripped all traces of Sphinx off the server and recompiled from scratch. That fixed it. Go figure.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: