Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Recovering Deleted Photos From Sony CyberShot Digital Camera Memory Stick  (Read 6634 times)

Penguinista

Is there a photo recovery software I can use in Vector Linux to recover photos I accidently deleted from my Sony CyberShot Digital Camera? This camera uses a Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo.

MikeCindi

• Tester
  • Vectorian
The producers or TestDisk also make PhotoRec. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
I just recovered 250gb of data using testdisk

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
There is a Vector Linux package for testdisk, which includes photorec. Gslapt should find it, or else it can be found here:

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-6.0/extra/base-apps/testdisk-6.11-i586-1vl60.tlz

I've used it in the past to recover files from both hard drives and flash drives.

Paul.

Penguinista

Thanks all

lincylohan

Is there a photo recovery software I can use in Vector Linux to recover photos I accidently deleted from my Sony CyberShot Digital Camera? This camera uses a Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo.

I don't know about Vector Linux, but I have heard about Photo recovery software that comes for Windows and Mac and works superbly well for digital cameras, believe me cause I have used it a couple of times for my digital camera and it surely does work. May be it would work for your OS as well, if you want to give it a try. It is available for trail version.....

for reference: <deleted>
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:09:28 am by nightflier »

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
@lincylohan: I'm not convinced the link you posted was legit. If you disagree, speak up.

retired1af

• Packager
  • Vectorian
@lincylohan: I'm not convinced the link you posted was legit. If you disagree, speak up.

The previous three posts are all spam posts.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Thanks retired1af. That's what I get for PBMC. (Posting Before Morning Coffee).  :P

jameskits097

I was having the same problem last time and this data recovery solution helped me.
http://www.asoftech.com/articles/recover-photos-off-sony-cybershot-camera.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:54:43 am by jameskits097 »

wigums

• Packager
  • Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: Recovering Deleted Photos From Sony CyberShot Digital Camera Memory Stick
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 01:41:19 pm »
ive not tried photrec but testdisk has suprised/impressed me several times
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.