Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: os2 Warp under linux?  (Read 937 times)

haywire

• Vectorian
os2 Warp under linux?
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:40:52 pm »
I'm just curious before I try this myself...

Has anyone run os2 warp in virtualbox or by any other
method with vectorlinux?

Steven

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
Re: os2 Warp under linux?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:38:01 am »
I'm just curious before I try this myself...

Has anyone run os2 warp in virtualbox or by any other
method with vectorlinux?

:) Let me know how you get on. I've still got one box which runs Warp, would be interesting if I could move it to a VM.

Paul.

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:02:27 am »
I did some checking and virtualbox wiki says it runs os2. I've heard its quite problematic to virtualize. Now I gotta find my warp 4.5 cdrom I have somewhere in the mess that is my basement.

Anyone know a torrent or source for an iso?

Steven

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:16:39 am »
I did some checking and virtualbox wiki says it runs os2. I've heard its quite problematic to virtualize. Now I gotta find my warp 4.5 cdrom I have somewhere in the mess that is my basement.

:) That sounds familiar....

Anyone know a torrent or source for an iso?

No.

If you can't find it, I may be able to dig out one of the cutom update CDs I produced using UpdCD. I should have an iso around somewhere - I can stick a CD in the post for you if I can find it.

Paul.

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:38:33 am »
Paul,

I looked around and got kind of pissed off. Nowhere in sight. I know I have 3 or 4 burnt copies of 4.5 I think or something, maybe 4.0? What was the last one produced?

I will gladly post you back some stuff you might fight interesting. I will also let you know exactly what I needed to do to get it running (if I get it running).

I moved from dos to os2 back in the day, but then to windows when os2 support dried up.

Everytime I look at os2 I think... "How do you know what might have been...?"
Have you seen ecomstation? It makes me feel kinda funny seeing that. I never used it except for the demo but its cool to see where it might have went.

I hope I can get a cdrom and get it going. Pm me to chat. Also, please see my thread in technical discussions about a dos graphic desktop for launching dos programs. Please comment what you think. I loved os2 because it ran dos better than dos and windows 3.1 apps better than windows.

It was a beautiful thing. Do you still use your os2 box much? I wish I had space, I'd love to have one again but I have windows box, amiga box, linux box, emac,and a few extra winxp boxes around. getting crowded in here.

Virtualbox it is then...

Steven

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 06:17:45 am »
I was able to locate an ibm os2 warp 4 iso, burned cd-rom. If I have time this weekend, I'll give it a go and report my results... This should be uh... fun yeah.

Steven