In anticipation of the release of the final VL 5.8 standard, the veclinux-5.8 repository is live. It should propagate to the mirrors soon. The repo has the following trees in it:
1) Packages - this directory contains the packages that are on the VL 5.8 Standard Final ISO.
2) Old - this directory has packages that have been superseded by newer items.
3) Patches - this directory contains updates to packages that are on the VL 5.8 standard final ISO.
4) Extra - this directory contains packages that aren't on the ISO but are made available for the benefit of the VL community.
5) Testing - this repository is intended for use only by testers - if a non-tester's box breaks because of stuff in testing, you're on your own to fix things.
6) Unstable - it can be used by regular users, but it is for apps declared to be unstable or development versions by their authors, so it's the user's responsibility if they break something.
Enjoy the repo! An updated slapt-getrc will be posted as soon as possible.