VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hi, VL is Great!  (Read 1358 times)

stanz0

Hi, VL is Great!
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:27:52 pm »

And i've found my Favourite Linux! ^_^

Happy to be a member of the VL clan :) -

I keep on forgetting I'm only using a PIII 800MHZ w384MBs of RAM nowadays ;p. What a FAST distro. Its amazing really.

I have opera+firefox open and i'm using the PC with no problems. With suse+lxde that was impossible.

I greatly encourage all members of the community to continue contributing to VL, so it can continue to further bloom into the great distro it is.

Oh, and..

"Hi"    ; p

w2ibc

• Packager
  • Vectorite
  • GAHHHHHH!!!!!
    • W2IBC.com
Re: Hi, VL is Great!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:31:42 pm »

welcome glad you like vector
Linux Registered User #481509.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 06:20:04 pm »

Hi stanz0, happy to have you as a part of the community. Make yourself at home.  :)

Deach

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:54:56 pm »

Welcome I know it is my favorite distro any more......Glad I came back!!
Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram

kazuya

• Vectorite
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:53:55 am »

im on my way back after i install VL 6 kde. Was never a fan of xfce interface for some reason. Kde, gnome and e17 has been more my thing, but this was first slack-based distro that showcased gslapt-gui. And made slackware a breeze to use. Fast and feature rich. My only gripe was lacking in being able to upgrade distro, plus I was super nooby then. I know better now. Still use Ubuntu, but love VL's speed, simplicity, and stability. Also, I liked the way the devs moderate and their patience.

nitehawk

• Vectorite
  • Just me.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:18:30 am »

And i've found my Favourite Linux! ^_^

Happy to be a member of the VL clan :) -

I keep on forgetting I'm only using a PIII 800MHZ w384MBs of RAM nowadays ;p. What a FAST distro. Its amazing really.

I have opera+firefox open and i'm using the PC with no problems. With suse+lxde that was impossible.

I greatly encourage all members of the community to continue contributing to VL, so it can continue to further bloom into the great distro it is.

Oh, and..

"Hi"    ; p
..Yes,...I know what you mean about suse+lxde.  I tried that myself, recently......thinking that with lxde it would run well on my P4.  I was surprised to find that wasn't the case (computer was veeeeery unhappy!!!).  Vector runs perfectly on it, however.