VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 02:09:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux SOHO 6.0 Final has landed !!  (Read 23718 times)
DrCR
Vectorite

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »

Sweet! I was hoping a new release would be out by now. My 5.9.1 SOHO feels long in the tooth. I have ArchBang and a few other distros on my list, but I can't seem to get away from VL SOHO as my foundation. Smiley

Any recommended way of dumping the two isos onto a thumbdrive? I'm pulling down the isos now. Will give the dd route a go right off.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:20:52 pm by DrCR » Logged
kuppuswamy

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 05:51:39 am »

Hello! to all vectorians.
            I like linux in general and I am a distro hopper in search of user friendly distro and to learn things specific to a particular distro.  Finally I got settled with 4 OS Fedora, Debian and recently VECTORLINUX 6 SOHO installed in my machine which is AMD Athlon X2 with ASUS M2NPV MOTHER BOARD though it is x_64 compatible and works fine I prefer x86 versions.

Though I used VL some two year back and found it as one of the user friendly and newbie distro.  Software download was lot of slower compared with the speed with which I downloaded iso file of VL as well as other software download after installation. In addition to this, this VL vs 6 SOHO edition looks more polised in its appearance, stablity and the speed and make me to chose it as a prefered distro over Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu.
             I congradulate the team behind edition and making user happy.
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 01:31:50 pm »

Well,..
what do you know!  I never really liked KDE,...but here I am really liking VL 6 SOHO.  And would you believe that I have it on my older P3 (1Ghz--512mb ram--160G hd).....and the speed actually isn't bad at all.  Sweet.  Much thanks to all who helped on this lovely edition  (it's being very appreciated).
Codo

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 04:42:11 am »

Hello, vectorians

After some years using Vector Linux, I spent a short season with other distros ... behold, now I return and am very happy to install Vector Linux SOHO and verify that everything is very beautiful, efficient, and working perfectly on my old machine! Congratulations to all developers and users that make this distro the best among all I've ever experienced.

Thank you for this excellent work

Sandra  Wink

There are many things that I must  do before I die. But I'm Brazilian and I never give up.
Vector Standard 6.0 - Xfce
Murdock

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 11:47:28 pm »

Glad to see you didn't get washed away in those horrible floods.
7.0 should be ready soon. Stick around.
Pura Vida

Codo

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 04:01:30 am »

Thanks for concern: in fact, we are living a terrible summer.
I'm vectorienne....  Grin  I will always be around!

Sandra

There are many things that I must  do before I die. But I'm Brazilian and I never give up.
Vector Standard 6.0 - Xfce
skaramazoo

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 01:10:46 pm »

VectorLinux 6.0 just rocks! I tried it on a Pentium III with 128Mb RAM and works like a breeze. many thanks to everyone who made it possible.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: