VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 03:56:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, VL is Great!  (Read 1193 times)
stanz0

« on: August 06, 2010, 01:27:52 pm »

And i've found my Favourite Linux! ^_^

Happy to be a member of the VL clan Smiley -

I keep on forgetting I'm only using a PIII 800MHZ w384MBs of RAM nowadays ;p. What a FAST distro. Its amazing really.

I have opera+firefox open and i'm using the PC with no problems. With suse+lxde that was impossible.

I greatly encourage all members of the community to continue contributing to VL, so it can continue to further bloom into the great distro it is.

Oh, and..

"Hi"    ; p
w2ibc
Packager
Vectorite

GAHHHHHH!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:31:42 pm »

welcome glad you like vector

Linux Registered User #481509.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:20:04 pm »

Hi stanz0, happy to have you as a part of the community. Make yourself at home.  Smiley
Deach
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »

Welcome I know it is my favorite distro any more......Glad I came back!!

Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram
kazuya
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 04:53:55 am »

im on my way back after i install VL 6 kde. Was never a fan of xfce interface for some reason. Kde, gnome and e17 has been more my thing, but this was first slack-based distro that showcased gslapt-gui. And made slackware a breeze to use. Fast and feature rich. My only gripe was lacking in being able to upgrade distro, plus I was super nooby then. I know better now. Still use Ubuntu, but love VL's speed, simplicity, and stability. Also, I liked the way the devs moderate and their patience.
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 05:18:30 am »

And i've found my Favourite Linux! ^_^

Happy to be a member of the VL clan Smiley -

I keep on forgetting I'm only using a PIII 800MHZ w384MBs of RAM nowadays ;p. What a FAST distro. Its amazing really.

I have opera+firefox open and i'm using the PC with no problems. With suse+lxde that was impossible.

I greatly encourage all members of the community to continue contributing to VL, so it can continue to further bloom into the great distro it is.

Oh, and..

"Hi"    ; p
..Yes,...I know what you mean about suse+lxde.  I tried that myself, recently......thinking that with lxde it would run well on my P4.  I was surprised to find that wasn't the case (computer was veeeeery unhappy!!!).  Vector runs perfectly on it, however.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: