VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: skype video problem (modified)  (Read 1711 times)

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
skype video problem (modified)
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:32:42 am »

No longer withdrawn.   I am pretty new to webcams generally and to webcams on skype particularly, so parts of this post could be wrong.  But the basic problem, I think, is this:

If I put the pre-load code (LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so) from stretchedthin's earlier video "fix" I can see myself in the little skype video, but the recipient can't see me.  If I instead install skype per stretchedthin's video for version 2.1.0.81, the person called can see me, but I can't see myself in the little window.

Doesn't seem to matter whether I use an HP, Logitech or an old "no name" webcam.

I have not installed any driver from the hp or logitech disks.

Anyway, I can see the person I call, and the person I call can see me.  I just can't see what the person I am calling sees in the little skype window.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:01:00 pm by sledgehammer »
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

never_stop_learning

• Vectorite
    • CigarWeekly
Re: skype video problem (modified)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:39:26 pm »

I had to mess around BIG TIME  with the Skype options to get the webcam and sound to work in the HP Mini 1030.

Bring your laptop and the webcam over and we'll get it working.....

Or.....the Internet may just be having mercy on the person you are sending video to.....  ;)   :o   :D
Laptop: IBM X60s (Centrino/Duo, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Netbook: HP Mini (Intel Atom 1ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb SSD + 8gb flash ) VL 6.0 Std
Desktop: Dell Dimension 5150 (P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Wife's Desktop: Gateway (P4 2ghz, 1gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std