VectorLinux
August 28, 2014, 09:09:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gslapt problem, etc.  (Read 853 times)
Alb

« on: September 06, 2010, 10:57:26 am »

Hello,
I've just installed VL 6.0 Light and wanted to install openoffice.org by means of gslapt, but in spite of having selected openoffice, gslapt installed a lot of software with no relationship with openoffice itself (part of it was related to gnome, instead).
Besides, now I can't launch gslapt by menu, but only by terminal and, in that case, I obtain this message: (gslapt:3375): Pango-WARNING: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text ().
In addition I can't launch firefox, too. If I try to launch it by terminal I obtain: ERROR: Resource problem creating '/tmp/orbit-alberto' aborting ....
Is there a way to fix all that mess? I'd like to remove all packages installed by gslapt instead of openoffice, also.
Alb

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »

It's me again. I have to add something else about the matter. Just a few minutes ago, by means of slapt-get --remove I made the attempt of removing both gslapt and firefox (wanted to install them again) and obtained (for gslapt):
Removing package gslapt-0.5.1-i586-1vl60 ...
sort: fflush failed: standard output: No space left on device
sort: write error
Sed: couldn't write 20 items to stdout: No space left on device
Sed: couldn't write 33 items to stdout: No space left on device
Done
(The same happened for firefox)
Any suggestion to fix all that? Am I supposed to reinstall VL ?
Best Regards
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:49:22 am »

No space left on device

You are out of storage (hard drive) space on /.
Alb

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:17:45 am »

Hello,
In the meantime I reinstalled everything, and, also, increased the space on / of almost 1 GB (with Gparted) (even if I had not understood the meaning of slapt-get message)
Now everything seems to be OK.
With kind regards
P.S. I have also installed OpenOffice and noticed that it requests a lot of dependancies:
root:# slapt-get --install openoffice.org-3.1.0.6-i586-2vl60
Reading Package Lists... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  ORBit2 GConf avahi libtasn1 gnome-keyring libbonobo libgnome libbonoboui
  libgnomeui gnome-desktop eel exempi nautilus gnome-mount gnome-vfs kdelibs
  openoffice.org
0 upgraded, 17 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 108.8MB of archives.
After unpacking 388.2MB of additional disk space will be used.
What if the installation of it is performed by means of the compressed file downloaded from openoffice.org site?
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:16:19 am »

You should have at least 3G on /, even that gets tight after a while.

Some of those OO dependencies are a glitch. Just download the package (in gslapt there is a box you can check for that purpose). Next, find the package in "/home/ftp/....." and install it from the command line using command "installpkg /path/to/package/name".
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 07:26:51 pm »

Remember to run ~/.icewm/update-icewm-menu.sh (taskbar menu > System > Update Menu) after installing or removing packages.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Alb

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:31:05 pm »

Hello,
Thank you for advice and suggestions. As for OpenOffice, later on I removed it and, by means of removepkg I removed, one by one, all the packages that had been installed along with OpenOffice, but when I restarted VL, no GUI was available any longer. So I restarted again choosing TUI and reinstalled OpenOffice which came with all the packeges that I removed before. Everything is OK again, but I couldn't do what I wanted, restoring the system as it was before the first installation of OpenOffice, in order to be able to install it alone without that lot of dependences  Sad However I like very much VectorLinux all the same.
Best Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: