VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 07:36:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: koffice spelling and spellcheck [solved]  (Read 2268 times)
warhoon

« on: September 12, 2010, 12:32:29 am »

I have installed koffice 1.6.3 and also the Swedish locale for koffice, koffice-l10n-sv, but how do I enable the spellcheck in KWord? Even if the package is installed, Swedish language options doesn't appear in the settings menu for the spellchecker, nor in the default language settings in the KWord Settings popup, only various English variants appear...

Can anyone help with this... I have Vector KDE Classic Live installed.....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:30:23 pm by warhoon » Logged
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:32 am »

There should be an option in the KDE options to select your dictionary language. If I recall, that's what will drive the spellcheck within KWord.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:46:45 am »

Try to open control center and type "spell" in the search field.
warhoon

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:33:20 pm »

I found the settings in KDE Control, but still I couldn't change it. So I installed all Swedish packages I could find in the repository, the KDE one and the ASpell one. I then changed the settings to Aspell in the KDE Control, and when I opened KWord I finally found "sv" for Swedish in the spelling settings...

Thanks for the help everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: