VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: And back to where it all started...  (Read 1438 times)

mdc

• Came running back to Vector
And back to where it all started...
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:45:27 am »

Hi all. The first Linux distro I ever installed was Vector Linux 2.0 on an old 486 PC. It ran great too! From there I was hooked and so started my journey... Vec up to 4.0, Red Hat, Mandrake, Peanut, Debian, Xandros, Ubuntu... and then I decided to drop back and check out Vector 6. Wow! Still so fast but really looking great! I trashed my Ubuntu install (which frankly was too bloated) and am back to Vector! I have Vector Linux 6.0 running on an Athlon XP1800+, 512MB RAM, 250GB HDD, nvidia FX5500 running 2 15" CRT monitors twinview and it flies! You've come a long way Vector Linux! Keep up the great work!
VL6.0 on Athlon XP 1800+, 512MB RAM, NV FX5500, 250GB HDD running on dual 15" CRT monitors

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: And back to where it all started...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 05:18:14 am »

Welcome back, mdc. I also tried those distros (and more) on my path to VL. This is a good place.

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:04:27 pm »

I tried all those distros myself, and a few more. I always come back here...

This is the most helpful forum of any distro I've tried. good people here always help you learn more and do better using linux. Its a great place, and a great distro, welcome back!

Steven

Murdock

• Arenal Botanical Garden
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 01:26:59 pm »

I've run them all......Storm , Progeny, Slack, Red Dog, Xandros,,,,,,U bittyyou.
 I lean towards mint LMDE and now? Vector. So far/ so good.
I await the release of Debian Stable 6.0.
I do NOT foresee being all that impressed.
I may turn into a complete Slacker/Vectorian. ???
I love the rapid and accurate forum help. KUDOS !