VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 01:53:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New VL user  (Read 967 times)
n4vgm

« on: October 11, 2010, 06:03:25 pm »

I am trying to get back into Linux and am using an old Thinkpad R30 I picked up cheap for experimentation. Since the system only has 256mb RAM and no wireless, I tried several minimal distros and added the cheapest USB wifi from Amazon.

Anyway, after marginal success with Mepis, Puppy, Arch, and Zenwalk I saw a reference to Vector Linux in a post somewhere. I had not seen anything on VL in all my searching!

At this moment I'm connected via this setup (VL Light 6.0) and it is working very well indeed! Nothing wrong with trying some others, I relearned much in the various installs, but VL is actually usable.

It says alot when a new user's first post doesn't begin with "HELP"   Grin

Thanks,

Bob
Murdock

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:47:26 am »

Hola amigo.
I think you found the right spot.
From what I can tell, many of us here have tried about every flavor of Linux out there and settled on Vector.
It flat out works and is blazingly fast on newer machines.

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:38:16 am »

Hi n4vgm, glad to have you here.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: