VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New name for Vector  (Read 9551 times)

flip city

• Packager
  • Vectorite
  • Way Out In HyperSpace
Re: New name for Vector
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:33:22 am »

How about...hmmm....ah...Smector

nitehawk

• Vectorite
  • Just me.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »

How about...hmmm....ah...Smector
....that's pretty good.  What about "Re-flector"?  Naw,...it's one-of-a-kind,....doesn't reflect nothing else.
"De-flector"?  ...Naw,....doesn't deflect nutten.   

"Spector"  (???)............EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!  There's a ghost in my machine!!!

OK,.....just kidding.  I like the name Vector just the way it is. 

frogzz

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:58 am »

My personal opinion is that Vector is an establised name and changing it would confuse people.   Once established, changing a name is kind of suicide to the distro.   
   For instance,   when I was a really green newbie, I was fascinated by Vector, but just didn't have the knowledge and gumption to install it.   I thought it was harder to do that it really was/is.   So,  I used other, easier to install distros for a while,  those that did the partitioning for you,  but continued to come back to Vector.  I would google Vector and come to your site.   If you had changed the name, I wouldn't have re-found you.   
    The only thing Vector might need is a lot more exposure to the public;   more advertising, etc. 
    I now have installed Vector and am using it right now.   It's great!   A newbie can use it easily, and a Slackware guru can use it to.   Perfect.  JMHO.

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:10 am »

I agree with frogzz and think this thread a waste of everyone's time.

John
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

fogpipe

• Vectorite
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 06:17:39 pm »

I've been using VectorLinux for many years and have a real emotional attachment to the name. It makes me happy!

Me too :) I think its a good name.
Pages: 1 [2]