Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: New name for Vector  (Read 9340 times)

flip city

• Packager
  • Vectorite
  • Way Out In HyperSpace
Re: New name for Vector
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:33:22 am »
How about...hmmm....ah...Smector

nitehawk

• Vectorite
  • Just me.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »
How about...hmmm....ah...Smector
....that's pretty good.  What about "Re-flector"?  Naw,...it's one-of-a-kind,....doesn't reflect nothing else.
"De-flector"?  ...Naw,....doesn't deflect nutten.   

"Spector"  (???)............EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!  There's a ghost in my machine!!!

OK,.....just kidding.  I like the name Vector just the way it is. 

frogzz

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:58 am »
   My personal opinion is that Vector is an establised name and changing it would confuse people.   Once established, changing a name is kind of suicide to the distro.   
   For instance,   when I was a really green newbie, I was fascinated by Vector, but just didn't have the knowledge and gumption to install it.   I thought it was harder to do that it really was/is.   So,  I used other, easier to install distros for a while,  those that did the partitioning for you,  but continued to come back to Vector.  I would google Vector and come to your site.   If you had changed the name, I wouldn't have re-found you.   
    The only thing Vector might need is a lot more exposure to the public;   more advertising, etc. 
    I now have installed Vector and am using it right now.   It's great!   A newbie can use it easily, and a Slackware guru can use it to.   Perfect.  JMHO.

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:10 am »
I agree with frogzz and think this thread a waste of everyone's time.

John
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

fogpipe

• Vectorite
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »

I've been using VectorLinux for many years and have a real emotional attachment to the name. It makes me happy!

Me too :) I think its a good name.