I've added a mini-repo on SOHO to my local hard-drive and found I had trouble in two areas.
1. The default slapt-get that was included with vl6.0soho could not read the PACKAGES.TXT file created by the new makeinfo.slack. I had to upgrade to slapt-get-0.10.2f-i586.
Yeah, that was a problem when I was first setting up the new repos - couldn't do any processing until slapt-get was updated. Which is why it was one of the first packages I build for SOHO....
2. I had to take all the packages I had compiled as a tlz extract it and re tar it as a txz. For some reason the mixed selection of .tlz packages and .txz packages just was not working.
I don't think the problem is the same. I've not had any real problem updating the testing area for VL6.0, only with big areas, such as extra, and old. Though it could be - I'm seeing occasional complaints from tar during the processing - the newer version doesn't seem to entirely like the format of the files produced by older versions.
Just my 2bits, hope it helps.
If problems have already been discovered and excluded, maybe you could use the mini-repo idea as a test bed and try to recreate the problem you are experiencing with the main repo.
Well, as already mentioned, so far, I'm mainly seeing problems on big areas. Not very keen on having to dedicate that much space to a test repo, though it may be the only thing I can do. Finding time to do it is also likely to be a problem. Apart from being back with 65 hour weeks, I've got a couple of servers that I need to get built and deployed as soon as possible. One, which should be bonding two ADSL lines is giving me all sorts of problems at the moment. It should have been up and running at least a couple of weeks ago.
Have to see when I have some free time (I'm sure I used to have free time. Just can't remember what its like.....)