VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Web Cam  (Read 546 times)

computard

Web Cam
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »

Hi all, still using Linux, and have been doing so exclusively sinve first successfull install. Namely, since somehow, I know longer have acces to windows, roflrofl. Some how my comp went from CD boot, to fully installed with no access (that I can find) to windows, hahaha.... Which is great, since thats what I wanted anyways. So Im at the comp store, and looking to buy a cam, and ask the guy if he is aware of any limitations on the veriety available to me due to my OS choice. A quick google search didnt yield and answer, but he did advise that I make certain that I know in advance weather or not I have access to the needed drivers before I buy. Good Idea. Is there any limitations and what I can buy for a web cam using Vector?

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Web Cam
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »

You should do some web searches on the cameras you are considering.
I have had good luck with Logitech cameras. The Webcam C500 should work.
Logitech doesn't officially support Linux, but sponsors a forum for Linux/OSX users: http://forums.quickcamteam.net/