VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 03:57:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: install failure on gateway solo 1450  (Read 2483 times)
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:53 pm »

Two years ago a member here had a problem booting from CD which was due to scsi/sata/iscsi. They couldn't even get to an installer - gui or tui. I helped them tailor the ISO with modified kernel and the end result was that they were able to install the release, however their next goal was never reached (custom kernel live backup). The thread is here ( http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=7487.75 ) and I really didn't get heavily involved until page 6. I'm sure that through a similar process you could get an installable VL6 - probably just need to leave all RAID drivers out of the ISO kernel. It's more time consuming than normal, and there's no guarantee that it will solve your problem, but if you're interested in wasting some time and getting 'geeky' then give a shout and I'll see if I can scare up a small proof-of-concept ISO with modded kernel.
smelm0

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 05:48:20 am »

thanks for the offer newt. but at 62+, time is not on my side. for the gateway lap, I'll stick with the peppermint os since it's only a backup machine anyway and it's working well enough for my purposes.
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:26 pm »

Sounds good, and I can certainly understand where you're coming from. At least you have a usable distro working on that system. Perhaps future versions of VL will prove more useful on your system than the current ones.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: