VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: KDE question about tabs on panel [SOLVED]  (Read 514 times)

RonB

• Vectorite
KDE question about tabs on panel [SOLVED]
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:49:17 pm »

I've been playing with SOHO 6 and have a KDE question. Is there any way to get KDE's desktops to work like Gnome's or XFce's. Specifically when I go to another virtual desktop, I would rather not see the programs opened on the first desktop in the "task bar" or panel or whatever it is called. 

Right-click on the "Task Manager" go to "Task Manager Settings" and there is a Click Box for "Only Show Tasks from the Current Desktop." That was simple. Now see what I can do about the Main Menu. 

Thanks for any pointers. Other than that -- and the bouncing cursor which I've already disabled -- I'm actually beginning to like KDE as it is implemented in VectorLinux SOHO.

Oh, and one other thing. Is there a way to get a "standard" Main Menu -- more like the one in VL Standard?

Well, that was even easier. Just right-click on the "V" then choose "Switch to Classic Menu Style." Only problem is, now I've lost the VectorLinux "V" and have the KDE "K." How can I get the "V" back?

Okay, got the "V" back. Right-click, "Application Launcher Menu Settings," then "Options" the click on the icon and click "Other."

Okay, one last question. Is there a way to move these "application launchers" on the panel? With Gnome it's just right-click, unlock and drag.

Just added a spacer to the other side of the "V" and now I've it looking the way I want (it was too "crowded" before).

So it's done -- which is good, because I've almost run out of colors.

(I'll keep researching.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:35:39 pm by RonB »
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581
Vector Linux Deluxe 6.0 -- Optiplex GX270