VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 08:54:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KDE question about tabs on panel [SOLVED]  (Read 399 times)
RonB
Vectorite

« on: November 21, 2010, 04:49:17 pm »

I've been playing with SOHO 6 and have a KDE question. Is there any way to get KDE's desktops to work like Gnome's or XFce's. Specifically when I go to another virtual desktop, I would rather not see the programs opened on the first desktop in the "task bar" or panel or whatever it is called. 

Right-click on the "Task Manager" go to "Task Manager Settings" and there is a Click Box for "Only Show Tasks from the Current Desktop." That was simple. Now see what I can do about the Main Menu. 

Thanks for any pointers. Other than that -- and the bouncing cursor which I've already disabled -- I'm actually beginning to like KDE as it is implemented in VectorLinux SOHO.

Oh, and one other thing. Is there a way to get a "standard" Main Menu -- more like the one in VL Standard?

Well, that was even easier. Just right-click on the "V" then choose "Switch to Classic Menu Style." Only problem is, now I've lost the VectorLinux "V" and have the KDE "K." How can I get the "V" back?

Okay, got the "V" back. Right-click, "Application Launcher Menu Settings," then "Options" the click on the icon and click "Other."

Okay, one last question. Is there a way to move these "application launchers" on the panel? With Gnome it's just right-click, unlock and drag.

Just added a spacer to the other side of the "V" and now I've it looking the way I want (it was too "crowded" before).

So it's done -- which is good, because I've almost run out of colors.

(I'll keep researching.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:35:39 pm by RonB » Logged

RonB
Registered Linux User #498581
Vector Linux Deluxe 6.0 -- Optiplex GX270
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: