VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 05:19:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing "Live" Edition?  (Read 1408 times)
Waverley

« on: December 02, 2010, 06:00:57 am »

Hi,
I have read in the forum/documentation that it is possible to install the Live Edition to your hard drive, but it is recommended you choose our Standard, SOHO or Light Edition instead if you wish to do this.
Can anyone tell me why? I really like the Live version with KDE 3.5. It will be installed to a fairly low powered VIA SP8000E or a 1.66 Core 2 Duo ITX motherboard.
Any help ( simple instructions please - assume I know nothing!) greatly appreciated.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:19:45 am »

The traditional install-only versions are the most tested and flexible offerings. That said, the Live-installer in KDE-Classic works well in most cases.

To install, just boot from the LiveCD and select user "root" at the login screen. The installer should launch automatically and walk you through the process.

For more suggestions, post additional information about your system. How much memory? How big hard drive? Are there other operating systems installed?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: