VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Can't rearrange KDE3 panel  (Read 1438 times)

Piki

• Ark Linux
Can't rearrange KDE3 panel
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »

Hi,
I am using Vector Linux 6 Kde-classic with KDE 3.5.10. Whenever (re)installing, I have a habit of clearing out my panel and adding back what I want. Most of the stuff I have added can't be rearranged. There are only two items I could move through the right-click menu, the KMenu and Show Desktop icon. The other items don't have a move option on their right-click menu and should have a handle to the side to allow for movement. These are the taskbar, system tray, quicklaunch bar, and clock. These are cemented into place. I have tried removing them and readding, and the just go in random spots on the panel. I have tried locking then unlocking the panel via right click, and this doesn't help either.
You don't know what what Linux do until you try!

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Can't rearrange KDE3 panel
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »

Right-click panel > configure panel > appearance > advanced options > applet handles > visible (or fade out) > ok > ok

This should give you access to the handles and options for the items.

Piki

• Ark Linux
Re: Can't rearrange KDE3 panel
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »

It's always where I'm not looking... I was in the panel options on all the tabs and didn't think to check the advanced stuff. I did that a few days ago and it worked, thanks.
You don't know what what Linux do until you try!