VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 04:11:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't rearrange KDE3 panel  (Read 1301 times)
Piki

« on: January 05, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »

Hi,
I am using Vector Linux 6 Kde-classic with KDE 3.5.10. Whenever (re)installing, I have a habit of clearing out my panel and adding back what I want. Most of the stuff I have added can't be rearranged. There are only two items I could move through the right-click menu, the KMenu and Show Desktop icon. The other items don't have a move option on their right-click menu and should have a handle to the side to allow for movement. These are the taskbar, system tray, quicklaunch bar, and clock. These are cemented into place. I have tried removing them and readding, and the just go in random spots on the panel. I have tried locking then unlocking the panel via right click, and this doesn't help either.

You don't know what what Linux do until you try!
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »

Right-click panel > configure panel > appearance > advanced options > applet handles > visible (or fade out) > ok > ok

This should give you access to the handles and options for the items.
Piki

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »

It's always where I'm not looking... I was in the panel options on all the tabs and didn't think to check the advanced stuff. I did that a few days ago and it worked, thanks.

You don't know what what Linux do until you try!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: