VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: installing gnucash on VL std gold 6? [Solved-updated]  (Read 2054 times)

davidlondonuk

installing gnucash on VL std gold 6? [Solved-updated]
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:08:21 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying to install gnucash, gslapt shows version 2.8, but when I try to install i get all sorts of dependency problems.

I downloaded libxml2 as tgz package and installed, I got a splash screen and that was it, from the command line there was a scheme not found error.

Anyone know how to install it?

Solution: What confuses me with VL is that it does not install deps for a package. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of VL, but I can't see a way even from the command line to get the dependencies for a package?

Anyway, I used slackfind to downdload libxml2-2.6.31 and slib-3b1 and installed them, installed gnucash-2.2.8 with gslapt and it works fine. The slib version that gslapt shows in its listing will not work.

Update: Gnucash 2.2.8 kept crashing when windows were closed eg closing a posted invoice window caused the program to crash. Version 2.2.5 seems a lot more stable and have no problems so far.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:42:36 am by davidlondonuk »

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: installing gnucash on VL std gold?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:01 pm »

what version of VL u are currently using?

davidlondonuk

Re: installing gnucash on VL std gold?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:58 am »

VL Std Gold 6