VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 07:32:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to download VL6 Std ffmpeg source code [Solved]  (Read 2695 times)
davidlondonuk

« on: January 23, 2011, 10:07:43 pm »

Hi,

I am trying to download the ffmpeg source code for VL6 Std-its svn-r13024. I have a link to

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-6.0/source/gsb22-stable/src/libraries/ffmpeg/

but can't find a way to download the source code. I just want to recompile it with libmp3lame support.

Thanks for any help.

Solution: Download complete source which comes with a slackbuild file, made some changes to the configure options and recompiled. Used ftp client as suggested. Works fine.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:41:41 pm by davidlondonuk » Logged
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:12 pm »

you need to download all the files and dirs in that folder.
it might be easiest with ftp
davidlondonuk

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30:47 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the ftp advice. I have been trying to do it with wget command line variations but that's not worked. You would say my best bet is to use an ftp client, what would I log into?
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:52:07 pm »

vectorlinux.osuosl.org
you will have to browse to pub->vectorlinux and then into the source dir you posted from there
davidlondonuk

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:41:07 am »

Thanks uelsk8s.

Will I need the entire ffmpeg dir including the patches or just the ffmpeg source code directory? I am not sure if I need to do all the patching?
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 09:02:38 am »

my guess would be yes.
you will have to decide how much patching you want there.
some of it may be necessary to build
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: