Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Vector Vector  (Read 3900 times)

Jack Matier

Vector Vector
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:34:30 pm »
You know how time passes and you forget about things? Well, I was talking to a friend about the different distro's I've tried and one of them that I highlighted as an old favourite was Vector. After the conversation, I started browsing around the site and reminiscing... and I stumbled across my old project when I was first touching base with illustration.

vector_old.png is the one (viewable below)

I love(d) it. Really really loved it. But because of my limitations the only way I could style it up was to remove the vector aspect and raster it. Well, I figured it was time for take two (vector.png).

So where do I want to take this? I don't know. Maybe I'll revisit this after another few years.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:39:22 pm by Jack Matier »

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: Vector Vector
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:29:19 am »
Very nice indeed. I like those a lot. I wonder how small we can get that, so that it fits into the menu button? Do you think you could pull that off? Should be great for XFCE

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »
I resized and scaled the svg to 27x27 xpm at same aspect for icewm's menu button. Looks great, except that I forgot to bring a background with it    ::)
Robert
VL Light RC 1.2

Jack Matier

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:11:28 pm »
Quote from: Masta
Very nice indeed. I like those a lot. I wonder how small we can get that, so that it fits into the menu button? Do you think you could pull that off? Should be great for XFCE

XFCE has a 16x16px icon right?

I resized and scaled the svg to 27x27 xpm at same aspect for icewm's menu button. Looks great, except that I forgot to bring a background with it    ::)

Great. I didn't even expect this response.

Made the V more part of the world, thickened the border and made the left of the V thicker too all trying to make it stand out a bit more and work as a icon in general. (Ends up fitting in a square this way). I don't suggest this to be the main logo, just how it looks when we get down to sizes that are tiny.

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:27:43 pm »
Very nice, Very nice