Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot? [solved]  (Read 1571 times)

davidlondonuk

How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot? [solved]
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »
Hi,

I am a bit confused with this:

In /etc/rc.d/init.d there is the 'firewall' service shell script which I assume is what is set to start at boot if you set it in vasm services (as root)- yet this starts firestarter which I am not using.

In /etc/rc.d is the rc.firewall script which is starting at boot (which I have configured and want) but I have no idea how this is happening-there is no fall back reference to rc.firewall in the firewall init.d service script above.

How does rc.firewall start via vasm-it is clearly using the init.d firewall service script?

Solution: vasm uses /sbin/vfirewall shell script to configure and setup rc.firewall.

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:30:03 pm by davidlondonuk »

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:30 am »
set chmod -x the script in init.d and make sure the one you want is chmodded +x.

davidlondonuk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:40:32 am »
Thanks for that moe: so if I am using /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall make that executable or if I want /etc/rc.d/init.d/firewall make that one executable-problem is how does rc.firewall get to start when vasm is using the service firewall script in init.d?

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:00:54 pm »
I thought you only wanted one of them
the stuff in /etc/rc.d/ can be started manually
if you want vasm to manage it as a service, create a link to it from init.d and run vasm.
That should do it