VectorLinux
August 22, 2014, 07:25:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot? [solved]  (Read 1367 times)
davidlondonuk

« on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »

Hi,

I am a bit confused with this:

In /etc/rc.d/init.d there is the 'firewall' service shell script which I assume is what is set to start at boot if you set it in vasm services (as root)- yet this starts firestarter which I am not using.

In /etc/rc.d is the rc.firewall script which is starting at boot (which I have configured and want) but I have no idea how this is happening-there is no fall back reference to rc.firewall in the firewall init.d service script above.

How does rc.firewall start via vasm-it is clearly using the init.d firewall service script?

Solution: vasm uses /sbin/vfirewall shell script to configure and setup rc.firewall.

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:30:03 pm by davidlondonuk » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

set chmod -x the script in init.d and make sure the one you want is chmodded +x.

davidlondonuk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:40:32 am »

Thanks for that moe: so if I am using /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall make that executable or if I want /etc/rc.d/init.d/firewall make that one executable-problem is how does rc.firewall get to start when vasm is using the service firewall script in init.d?
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:00:54 pm »

I thought you only wanted one of them
the stuff in /etc/rc.d/ can be started manually
if you want vasm to manage it as a service, create a link to it from init.d and run vasm.
That should do it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: