VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot? [solved]  (Read 1644 times)

davidlondonuk

How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot? [solved]
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »

Hi,

I am a bit confused with this:

In /etc/rc.d/init.d there is the 'firewall' service shell script which I assume is what is set to start at boot if you set it in vasm services (as root)- yet this starts firestarter which I am not using.

In /etc/rc.d is the rc.firewall script which is starting at boot (which I have configured and want) but I have no idea how this is happening-there is no fall back reference to rc.firewall in the firewall init.d service script above.

How does rc.firewall start via vasm-it is clearly using the init.d firewall service script?

Solution: vasm uses /sbin/vfirewall shell script to configure and setup rc.firewall.

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:30:03 pm by davidlondonuk »

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: How is VL6 rc.firewall starting at boot?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

set chmod -x the script in init.d and make sure the one you want is chmodded +x.

davidlondonuk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:40:32 am »

Thanks for that moe: so if I am using /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall make that executable or if I want /etc/rc.d/init.d/firewall make that one executable-problem is how does rc.firewall get to start when vasm is using the service firewall script in init.d?

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:00:54 pm »

I thought you only wanted one of them
the stuff in /etc/rc.d/ can be started manually
if you want vasm to manage it as a service, create a link to it from init.d and run vasm.
That should do it