VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Can't access nfs share since server upgraded to nfsv4 [solved]  (Read 1352 times)

davidlondonuk

Can't access nfs share since server upgraded to nfsv4 [solved]
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:45:19 am »

Hi,

I have an nfs share on a ubuntu server and I could access this from Vector 6 as the client without any problems. Recently, ubuntu upgraded to the nfs-kernel-server package which is nfsv4 and I cannot access the share.

The ubuntu documentation states that I need an idmapd daemon on the client? I have to admit the nfs documentation by ubuntu and debian is a little confusing and I'm not sure what the state of nfsv4 access on Vector is.

Thanks for any advice.

Solution: I could not get nfsv4 working with Vector 6 SG as client. Nfs4 is built into the Vector kernel- 'fgrep nfs4 /proc/kallsyms' shows that.

Nfsv4 requires extra security provided by idmapd, part of nfs-utils, /etc/idmapd.conf needs to be configured on the client. No big deal though it works fine with nfs3, or just recompile nfs-utils if you need nfs4.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:44:28 pm by davidlondonuk »