VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 02:03:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does nfs v4 work in Vector? [solved]  (Read 1050 times)
davidlondonuk

« on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:03 pm »

Hi,

My VL 6 laptop is the nfs client trying to connect to a server that has just changed over to nfs v4-before this change nfs worked perfectly on my vector box.

From what I can see in the nfs4 guides, I need ID mapping on the client, but I can't see idmapd or rpc.idmapd on my Vector 6 box. Is it possible access nfs v4 with Vector 6 Std Gold?

Thanks for any advice,

David

Solution: I could not get nfsv4 working with Vector 6 SG as client. Nfs4 is built into the Vector kernel- 'fgrep nfs4 /proc/kallsyms' shows that.

Nfsv4 requires extra security provided by idmapd, part of nfs-utils, /etc/idmapd.conf needs to be configured on the client. No big deal though it works fine with nfs3 or if you need nfs4 recompile nfs-utils.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:43:13 pm by davidlondonuk » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: