VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: <sigh> Repo problems, again....  (Read 2177 times)

toothandnail

• Vectorian
<sigh> Repo problems, again....
« on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »

After sevral months of trouble free operation, I ended up wasting close to 4 hours this afternoon trying to get repo processing done. So it looks as though what I thought was the solution must have conencided with hardware fixes at the remote end. Problem seems pretty much exactly what it was before - attempting a long processing run results in a locked up session. Attempting to reconnect will usually time out, and when I do get a connection, running uptime shows a machine uptime of only a few minutes.

I'll pass the problem on to support, but that didn't get me far last time, so I'm not holding my breath for it this time.

I simply do not have the time or patience to keep trying over and over again. I will report the problem, but until such time as support tells me it is fixed, I will not even attempt to process any updates.

Wonderful timing, with VL7.0 in the wings.....

Paul.

budulay

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • NewComer
Re: <sigh> Repo problems, again....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »

C'est la vie, as the French say...

Anyway, please keep us posted as to what the support will say.
VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!

pierce.jason

• Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: <sigh> Repo problems, again....
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »

I'm not too up 'n up on how you guys manage/update the repos but ...

Could you do the updates to a locally residing repo(on known-good hardware), then transfer the modified files? Like clone/rsync the local copy, to the remote.
pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)